The Hyperacusis Network Message Board
Sign up Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone know if there are any companies besides GHI in Louisiana who make over the ear noise-generating devices that are suitable for doing TRT?

Apparently, GHI now makes only digital versions - I tried these, and my ears did not like them, the sounds were way too diffuse. I much prefer the analog version - it is the only thing that gets me through the day.

Am concerned if I lose my current devices how I might replace them especially if GHI is the only company that I am aware of. Does anyone know of any other companies around the US/world that manufacture these?


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 107
Reply with quote  #2 
Yes, I used the German made AUDIFON TRT Switch-4 over the ear units for Tinnitus/Hyperacusis Therapy for1 1/2 to 2 years. However, I do not think that most audiologists use this make and model. I received mine from the audiologist on Dan's list of practitioners, the one who practices in Los Angeles/Culver City, CA, USA.

Posts: 96
Reply with quote  #3 
This presentation lists 11 different manufacturers of devices. See page 52. Details on the devices of each manufacturer appear on the subsequent pages.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This message board is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to substitute for any medical advice. MANDATORY BOARD ETIQUETTE: 1. No personal attacks. 2. No profanity or use of inappropriate usernames. 3. No self solicitation of goods or services. 4 No discriminatory remarks based on race, gender, or religion. 5. Prohibitive postings include the following: discussing or suggesting the intent to end one's life, moderating or actions made by the moderators, and/or revealing personal information (full names, address, phone number). Rule infraction may result in either a warning or ban, depending on the severity. Kindness matters.